Technical Training Development Staff; Sherwood , Oregon (US-OR)
Posting # 3389
The Technical Training Consultant 1 provides development support for the maintenance of existing training courses while the Technical Training Consultant 2 adds creating new courses to the development support for maintenance tasks. The Technical Training Consultant 1 collaborates with subject matter experts to assess training needs, designs and develops new training units for existing courses and Quarterly Technical Training programs, while the Technical Training Consultant 2 adds creating training curriculum for new courses to new unit development tasks.
Employees at both levels work collaboratively on department projects such as improvements to existing training programs and assessments, conversion of course materials for LMS presentation, and the on-going implementation of a SharePoint-based knowledge management solution. All Technical Training Consultants update analyses of collected data used to evaluate the effectiveness of training for field operations workgroups in a natural gas public utility. Day to Day:
- Works as a teammate with fellow Instructional Systems Designers (ISDs) to support Trainers including assisting with presentation and documentation preparation prior to delivery and course updates after delivery
- Works with Subject Matter Experts and Technical Trainers to design training units and solutions for instructor-led classroom training, lab exercises and online methods that meet the learning requirements of multiple audiences.
- Uses familiarity with knowledge management techniques to support file migration to SharePoint or other repositories
- Follows shared standards when creating training materials, using established instructional theories and design principles. Ensures consistency between all training materials and company policies/standards.
- With direction provided from other ISDs, may be asked to help produce instructional animations, illustrations, photos, videos, websites, media libraries to support the learning process.
- Working with SMEs, establishes training unit objectives and intended learning outcomes. Develops valid and reliable assessment tools to measure objectives.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of training through written and performance assessments including job performance and other post-training assessments. Identifies areas for improvement and resolves issues by updating and improving training materials.
- Researches advances in training technologies and stays abreast of learning platforms. Researches and/or identifies audience appropriate delivery approaches, training methodologies, and technologies. Develops training materials to optimize the use of technology.
- Develops hands-on training activities.
- Uses SuccessFactors LMS to support classroom and online training.
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices. Come on your first day with:
Bachelor’s Degree in instructional design, adult learning, training and development or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience designing and implementing training programs for a level 1 role. Additional years of experience, project management skills, and program design experience required for level 2 position.
- A portfolio of completed projects demonstrating the instructional design process, individual artistic style, performance-based learning objectives, and the ADDIE Model.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of instructional design theories and principles to the development of training programs.
- Advanced computer skills and the ability to apply them to various Company systems and word-processing, spreadsheet and data base applications.
- Experience working with various training technologies, including Microsoft SharePoint, eLearning development software (such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, SAP-Enable Now, etc.), and Learning Management Systems (LMSs).
- Knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including strong and proven interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills, including technical documentation, record keeping and report writing; ability to effectively document training plans.
- Proven ability to collaborate with others, including team members, supervisors and managers; and work effectively with employees at all levels and across departments.
- Demonstrated self-starter oriented toward project results.
- Demonstrated problem solving and creative thinking skills; ability to define problems, develop and present recommendations, organize information, and identify alternative solutions.
- Analytical and diagnostic skills; ability to collect, interpret and summarize data.
- Possess and maintain a valid OR/WA driver's license, any required certifications and/or endorsements and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
What we offer:
Work life balance
Up to 21 Vacation Sick Time Days
11 paid holiday which includes 3 floating holidays.
Flexible work arrangements
3 weeks paid parental leave
1500 Sq foot exercise facility, onsite yoga classes, massage, and secure bike room.
Generous 401K company contribution and match.
15% Discount on ESPP
Up to $5250 a year in tuition reimbursement
20% off natural gas service
Up to 30% discount at NW Natural Appliance Center
TRI Met Pass for all HQ employees
Generous discounts with Verizon & AT&T Wireless
Base salary range: $77,900.00 – $107,850.00 per year, depending on qualifications
Deadline: July 25, 2021
All applications must be submitted through NW Natural’s Electronic Application System. Resumes submitted via email, fax or mail will not be accepted in lieu of an electronic application.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any federal, state or locally protected class.
We are a drug free workplace and we comply with Federal Drug Free Workplace Act and Department of Transportation regulations. Pre-employment drug tests are part of the hiring process and apply to all positions.
NW Natural does not accept unsolicited submissions or assistance from search firms for posted positions. Resumes submitted by search firms working under a valid and current written contract with NW Natural valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from NW Natural HR/Employment will be deemed the sole property of NW Natural. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by NW Natural as a result of the referral or through other means.