- Oversee daily facility requirements, ensuring safety, cleanliness and operability of facilities and surrounding grounds.
- Inspect grounds and equipment.
- Identify and remove or minimize hazards.
- Set up and tear down recreation equipment, supplies and furniture for recreation programs and facility rentals.
- Provide courteous customer service to diverse citizens and facility members.
- Have a basic knowledge of recreational programming.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and facility equipment required for operations and maintenance.
- Operate and maintain various tools and equipment used in and around the facility (hand tools, small power equipment, pressure washing, snow removal)
- May provides traffic safety control, including placing traffic control barricades, and directing traffic for special events.
As a person, you are:
- Collaborative: An outgoing professional who values partnership and develops and supports relationships to get things done.
- Inclusive: Someone who values and respects diversity and has a desire or experience working with and serving people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Solutions Oriented: Uses strong communication skills to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to create, implement, and document solutions.
- Value Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI): Embrace anti-racisms through intentional partnership, self-awareness and action, showing cultural humility, advocacy and mindfulness. Use DEI concepts to guide and inform your work.
- Emotionally Intelligent: Motivated, passionate, team-oriented, and empathetic.
The eligible list created from this recruitment may be used to fill full-time, part-time or Temporary positions.About the Bureau:
Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) is committed to the overall Citywide vision that race will have no detrimental effect on people of color, refugee and immigrant communities in accessing our parks and natural areas, or from the benefit of our services. We recognize, understand, and encourage celebration of the differences that surround us. Diversity and equity are vital to PP&R’s ideals and values. The City of Portland, Oregon is a growing and diverse city of 650,000 residents, nearly 20% of whom speak languages other than English at home. PP&R values a diverse workforce and seeks ways to promote equity and inclusion within the organization and with the public. PP&R encourages applications from candidates with knowledge, ability and experience working with a broad range of individuals and communities with diverse racial, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Although not required, PP&R encourages candidates that can fluently speak another language to include that information in their application materials. Multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
City of Portland Core Values:
Anti-racism | Communication | Collaboration | Equity | Transparency | Fiscal Responsibility
These values guide our actions as we serve the community and engage our workforce. To learn more about the City’s core values, please click here.
Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland workforce serves a population of over 650,000. We are culture- and solutions-driven, viewing every challenge as an opportunity to learn, improve, and share our expertise. We are committed to removing systemic barriers to resources, access, and opportunity. The City is a believer in ALL people and continues to actively recruit and retain diverse top talent every day. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, basic life, short- and long-term disability coverage to eligible employees and their families. If you are open-minded, motivated, community-focused, and self-aware, please apply yourself at the City of Portland today.
The City of Portland also participates in the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). For more information on the City of Portland’s benefits please click here.
As of October 18, 2021, all City employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This is required for all positions at the City of Portland. Proof of being fully vaccinated is required by date of hire. You may request an exception, for health or religious reasons, from getting the COVID-19 vaccine at the time a position is offered.
The City is offering an optional information meeting for this recruitment. Please see the Additional Information section below for details.
- Knowledge of proper janitorial, facility maintenance standards, equipment and facility support.
- Ability to use tools and equipment of the trade (hand and small power tool, cleaning equipment, etc.) safely and effectively.
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationships with diverse internal and external audiences, such as staff, staff of other departments, and program participants.
- Ability to problem solve and make independent decisions.
Applicants must also possess:
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per City/State mandate or have an approved exception by date of hire.
- A valid state driver’s license and an acceptable driving record at the time of appointment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain current First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Ability to obtain a Work Zone Traffic Control Certification.
The Recruitment Process
- Job Posting closes: 7/11/2022
- Applications Reviewed: 7/5/22- 7/15/22
- Eligible List / Notices Generated: week of 7/18/22
- 1st Round of Interviews: Early August
- Job Offer: Late August
*Timeline is approximate and subject to change.
- Your résumé and responses to the supplemental questions will be the basis for our evaluation of your qualifications for this position. Incomplete or inappropriate information may result in disqualification.
- Your responses to the supplemental questions should include details describing your education, training and/or experience, and where obtained which clearly reflects your qualifications for each of the numbered items in the “To Qualify” section of this announcement.
- Your resume should support the details described in your responses to the supplemental questions.
- Salary Range/Equity Pay Analysis: Please note per the Oregon State Pay Equity Law your salary is determined based on the experience and education listed in your resume/application. It is strongly encouraged to include any transferable experience (paid or unpaid regardless of how recent) to ensure your offer is reflective of all directly related and equivalent experience.
- If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, as identified below, please describe in your responses to the supplemental questions and resume any transferrable skills obtained during your military service and how they relate to each of the required minimum qualifications under the “To Qualify” section above.
Did you know? The City of Portland offers How to Apply Classes that are free and review best practices for applying to the City. Follow the link for the most recent list of scheduled dates: https://www.portland.gov/bhr/events.
Tamara Larison, Senior Recruiter
Bureau of Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
OPTIONAL INFORMATION SESSION
To assist you in understanding this position and the recruitment process, we will offer an Optional Information Session that will provide you with details about the position and about the application process. You are not required to attend to apply for this job. You are welcome to join us for the optional session below:
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
12:30PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 860 7224 9877
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kcbABcKdSE
Senior Accountant Full Time 14150 SW Milton Ct, Portland, OR 97224 Published 2 hours ago Salary $90,000K-$96,000K Monthly
This position contributes to the mission of the organization by leading the preparation and reconciliation of financial information and ensuring timeliness, accuracy, transparency, and ...
Engagement Manager Full Time 97224 Published 4 weeks ago Salary $$74,752K-$$82,536K Monthly
Medical Teams needs to scale its donor base and revenue to grow our global programming to meet the rising crisis of displaced peoples around ...
Resource Protection and Planning Group Director… Full Time 1120 SW 5TH AVE, PORTLAND OR 97204-1912 Published 1 month ago Salary $123,781.00K-$210,434.00K Monthly
The Position As a key member of the executive leadership team, this position will partner with ...