Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Drive the end to end investment process in supporting the most promising early stage crypto companies for Coinbase Ventures
- Lead Coinbase Ventures operations, including deal pipeline, portfolio company relationships, investment performance, and reporting requirements
- Develop unique perspectives on key categories and companies in the crypto ecosystem, and curate related research and market intelligence, identifying critical shifts and evolving trends and communicate their implications for Coinbase
- Cultivate relationships with product leads and executives across Coinbase and the crypto ecosystem with industry players, startups, and investors to be at the forefront of new developments
- Collaborate with the Coinbase content team to provide insights on ecosystem news and evolving trends
- Support product leads in building new crypto-related product initiatives by identifying cross-functional, technical, or ecosystem related challenges
- Participate in growing the Corporate Development function by supporting broader-team initiatives, including hiring
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6+ years experience in strategy and operations or finance with a strong background and interest in the crypto industry; investing experience is a strong plus
- Passion and deep understanding of emerging trends within the cryptocurrency industry
- Excellent writing skills and ability to distill complex topics into clear, easy to understand messaging
- Excellent organizational, analytic, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience working with startup management teams and cross-functional execs, including product, engineering, legal, and finance
- BA/BS degree
Nice to haves:
- Experience at top-tier venture capital firm and/or cryptocurrency specific company
- Experience with cryptocurrency research, analyst, and/or journalism roles
- Data Analysis and/or Engineering experience, preferably in or with blockchains
- Investment banking, management consulting, and/or corporate strategy experience
- MS or advanced degree
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.