Offered Salary 1000
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Community Manager, Developer Community
The Community Manager is responsible for developing, leading and executing a global, cross-functional strategy that inspires deeper relationships, brand affinity and advocacy among engineers and developers with New Relic. Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Marketing and Community, the role will build momentum behind the New Relic brand and its leadership in Observability through stronger connections with engineers and developers.
As a customer- and user-centric company, the Community Manager role is critical to building an outstanding community where all New Relic users can engage, grow, and thrive through networking, sharing of insights and best practices, and getting answers to their questions.
The successful Community Manager will work in partnership with and in support of Product, Developer Relations, Sales, Customer Success/Support, and Marketing to engage the New Relic community and drive business impact. The Community Manager will own program measurement, reporting, and analysis, recommend program enhancements, and drive continuous improvement to continually raise the bar on our community experience and program results.
What You’ll Do
- Build out and execute on the customer and user community vision and strategy together with internal and external stakeholders
- Represent New Relic in the engineering and developer community to help build a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community environment for members from a variety of backgrounds
- Develop and execute on timelines, deliverables, and reporting of key metrics to drive success against company and department objectives
- Build and execute on strategic plans to grow our community in partnership with internal stakeholders, including Developer Relations, Product and other user-focused teams
- Obtain feedback and gather ideas from the community through real conversations
- Take a data driven approach to programs and problem solving
- Help keep engineers and developers oriented and engaged by building a community that helps them think about their roles differently, solve the challenges that are keeping them up at night, and achieve their personal and professional goals
- Focus on the community’s needs, and make sure we’re creating experiences that meet those needs
- Envision a forum member journey that takes engineer/developer engagement in the digital world to new heights
- Regularly interact with engineers and developers to understand what types of experiences are valuable to them, and that best serve them in their day-to-day efforts
- Help plan and execute community events, both virtual and in-person, throughout the year
- 5 years of proven experience moderating technical communities Experience managing and supporting a forum is a plus
- Successfully grown a customer community, both in number of community members and their engagement in the community
- Experience with leading and scaling community programs, platforms, and tools
- Empathy for engineers and developers, regardless of skill level
- Great at encouraging and forming relationships at scale, both in-person and online, with technical audiences
- Great communicator with high emotional intelligence to understand and empathize with technical audiences, understand their needs and deliver programs that solve those needs
- Has successfully served as a conduit between company and community, and can discover ways to serve both
- Experience in project and program management
- Experience working with a developer community
Remote Applicants Considered
Please also not visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That’s why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.