Are you ready to be a key player in our SaaS company, one that is setting the bar for technical innovation? As an Associate Technical Support Engineer, you play a critical role as the first point of contact for our customers. Not only do you have a passion for customer service, you have strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to think fast and prioritize quickly. You feel a sense of pride and satisfaction helping customers and will work directly with them to answer questions, solve problems, and help them love our product.
We are serious about keeping our skills sharp, emphasizing training and continuous expansion of our knowledge base – your learning opportunities will never end. You will collaborate with other Support Engineers and Product Engineers to creatively and passionately assist with customer issues while honing your technical skills. You will use your insight and imagination to help us identify recurring or systemic problems, and suggest ways we might address them.
What You'll Do
- Efficiently and effectively triage a broad array of incoming (business and product) customer inquiries and route complex issues to the appropriate SME, putting the customer experience first
- Champion the voice of the customer and provide feedback, reducing friction for customers and/or internal New Relic teams
- Serve as a collaborative technical expert within the BSE specialty area
- Demonstrate connectedness and contribute to a supportive work environment
- Promote self-sufficiency through the creation and sharing of knowledge through multiple mediums and channels
- Be responsible for your own development, seek feedback from others, and continually build your organizational, support process, and NR product knowledge
- Identify recurring or systemic problems, and suggest ways we might continuously improve
- You have general knowledge of Technical Support Engineer processes
- 1-2 years of experience delighting customers in a technical support role.
- You have established troubleshooting skills, and can get creative when the answer is not obvious
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and can effectively communicate across all levels
- You have experience collaborating across teams to solve problems
- You can articulate the importance of the customer experience and are accountable for results
- You think critically with a propensity for continuous improvement
- You have the ability to work mid-shift hours: 11am-8pm PST, Monday-Friday
- Experience with Identity and Access Management
- Experience with New Relic products
- Experience with CRM or ticketing tools
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.