As part of our commitment to hiring and growing a diverse workforce and training the next generation of software engineers, New Relic is launching our Ignite program, which is an Associate Software Engineer (ASE) incubator program!
As an ASE, you can expect hands-on mentorship and pairing with some extraordinarily forward-thinking engineers, a learning budget (both time and money), and fun challenges. In this program, you will work with your fellow engineers to learn how we build software at New Relic, uplevel your skills, and gain hands-on experience. You will be part of an engineering team writing high-quality, maintainable code that is well-documented and extensively tested. And at the end of the program, you'll be placed in a long-term position on an engineering team!
What You’ll Do
- Write high-quality, maintainable code that is well-documented with good test coverage
- Learn our processes, systems, and tools
- Collaborate with team to rapidly and safely iterate and deploy production systems
- Collaborate with your cohort to pair program and tackle groups projects
- Participate in product and architecture reviews to determine project deliverables
- Contribute to regular team meetings to plan work on an ongoing basis
- Give and receive constructive feedback as part of peer code reviews
- The desire to develop your software engineering career at a leading-edge company
- Certification from a full-time/intensive software engineering boot camp program or equivalent, University Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of training
- Experience with web applications, APIs and ORMs
- Willingness to learn a new language (Java, Go, Ruby, Python, Elixir, etc…)
- Strong communication and team skills (both verbal and written)
- Interest testing and building high-quality software systems
- Interest in gaining expertise in building and operating high throughput services
- Can tackle a programming problem and debug it
- Demonstrate a pattern of growth in capability and responsibility over time
- Familiarity with agile development practices
- Basic understanding of DevOps practices
- Experience with test-driven development
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.