We are looking for a highly motivated Associate Accountant to join our accounting team, and work collaboratively with the department, and the company, as we continue to expand globally. Are you intellectually curious with a strong attention to detail and accuracy, have excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written, have outstanding analytical skills, and welcome sophisticated problems?
As an Associate Accountant, you will be exposed to various areas with a significant focus on annual compliance filings, property tax filings, and bank reconciliations. In addition, you will also support the accounting team in conducting key activities such as cash application, sales tax analysis and reporting, and of course – month-end close!
This role will report directly to the Associate Accounting Manager. Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Post cash receipts, miscellaneous deposits, and Intercompany transfers
- Assist with daily cash account reconciliations between multiple systems
- Maintain and reconcile sales tax activity using various systems and reports
- Assist with filing sales tax returns
- Assist with property tax and compliance filings
- Perform month, quarter and year-end close procedures including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including preparation of audit schedules
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of debits/credits and accounting principle
- Intermediate-Sophisticated level of basic computer applications
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties
- Technology industry experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of NetSuite
- Intermediate-Advanced level excel skills
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.