Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
At Coinbase we are eagerly investing in platforms that allow customers, developers and asset issuers to interact with another in a variety of ways. Through these platforms we aspire to build a safe, open, and engaging place for the crypto community to come together. As the Community and Content Moderation Manager, you will play an extremely crucial role in shaping Coinbase’s community moderation strategy. You will build and manage a global team of continent analysts and managers responsible for crafting operational workflows, defining tooling requirements, and influencing Coinbase’s content moderation policies.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Making complicated content moderation decisions including escalations from frontline analysts and customer appeals
- Advising on moderation policy and workflows.
- Participating in process improvement initiatives that improve quality and efficiency of work.
- Ensuring top talent in every seat by recruiting and managing hard working analysts.
- Partner across all teams within the broader CX organization, guaranteeing coverage of key focus areas including analytics, content, quality, technology, training and voice of the customer.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of metrics and reporting, including the introduction of new data points and methods for measuring social sentiment.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 1+ years experience working in Community/Content Moderation
- Experience working with Trust and Safety Policy creation and/or crafting operational processes as it relates to content moderation.
- Familiarity with blockchain, decentralized applications (dApp), and NFTs
- Phenomenal decision-making skills and eye for detail
- Ability to leveraging data to guide decision making and influence stakeholders
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations based on business need.
Nice to haves:
- Call center management, including KPIs and process design
- Comfortable leading teams in a remote working environment
- Proven experience with BPO vendor management.
- Expert knowledge of NFT market
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics and/or quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or blockchain.
- Advanced understanding, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.