Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary/Benefits: $38,000.00 – $42,000.00. Health insurance, paid holidays, and 10 days’
Summary: The Administrative Manager is a new, full-time exempt role reporting to the
Executive Director. The Administrative Manager will focus on three key areas; administration,
communications, and operations. The coordinator will work to build and streamline Word is
Bonds day to day administrative operations including storing documents, maintaining
communications internally and externally, scheduling events and meetings, supporting with
social media, and other behind the scenes tasks to ensure Word is Bond programs and activities
are as effective and efficient as possible. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about
organization and detail, can identify and solve organizational blockages, and is an excellent
communicator. Experience in administrative and communications and or development. Word
is Bond is seeking someone ready to roll their sleeves up and dive into a versatile role, that will
require a keen eye, a passion for organization, and a go-getter attitude.
About Word is Bond: Word is Bond is a startup nonprofit based in Portland, OR that was
founded in 2017. Our mission is to rewrite the narrative between young Black men and law
enforcement through leadership development, critical dialogue, and education. Word is Bond
serves young Black men ages 16-21 through year-round programming.
● Collect and organizing youth participants forms and related documents
● Maintain up-to-date versions of important/corporate documents as required by law
(participant permission slips, board meeting minutes, etc.), following legal and internal
● Work with the executive director and bookkeeper/accountant for scheduling tax returns
and related reports.
● Maintain personnel job descriptions, employee handbooks/manuals, and employment
● Work with the executive director to organize foundation expenditures between internal
QuickBooks accounting software and bank statements.
● Support executive director in grants and development work including scheduling,
communication with foundations, contact donors, maintain donor database, and
assisting with the submission of grants as needed.
● Maintain email communications to program partners, community groups, and others.
● Make phone calls to organization partners.
● Maintain a log of organization communications
● Co-manage social media platforms with the rest of the team to promote program
events, activities, and news
● Attend community events and activities as requested, to promote the Word is Bond’s
mission, vision, and core values
● Support Executive Director in scheduling and coordinating media and press inquiries
● Act as a liaison between the Board and organization including sending board agendas
and taking meeting minutes
● Prepare and analyze program reports and recommend necessary changes.
● Support fundraising campaigns and events in collaboration with the Executive Director
● Send out letters, packages, products on behalf of the organization
● Maintain and organize program supplies including securing storage for program
Experience and Qualifications
● 3 + years’ experience administrative experience desired
● 3 + years’ experience in communications/operations experience desired
● 1 + years’ experience working for a nonprofit desired
● High-level leadership, interpersonal communication, and organization skills
● Ability to manage grants, financial data and keep accurate records. Experience preferred
● Ability to manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and to prioritize work
● Ability to engage with local elected, community, and law enforcement leaders to build
strong relationships and support for the organization.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a major in non-profit management, public administration, or
related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
● Pass federal and state background checks with the ability to work with minors.
● Preferred: Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a strong, safe driving record.
Initial and periodic checks occur. Personal vehicle preferred (must have car insurance for
What Word is Bond can offer you
● A dynamic role in an up-and-coming nonprofit and room to grow and scale with us.
● Unique line of work that will engage a variety of community stakeholders, organizations,
and individuals. Every day will be different, require creativity and offer the reward of
impacting the community at a grassroots level.
● A leadership team committed to your professional development, personal success, and
emotional and mental wellbeing.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Lakayana@mywordisbond.org
with “[Your Name] Administrative Manager ” in the subject line.
For more information on Word is Bond is www.mywordisbond.org
Word is Bond is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against
any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or