Venture capital is a form of private equity financing that is provided by venture capital firms or funds to startups, early-stage, and emerging companies that have been deemed to have high growth potential or which have demonstrated high growth.
Raising money to fund a new venture involves entrepreneurs and investors in a challenging and critical process. In order to successfully scale, most new ventures will need to seek outside funding from venture capitalists or angel investors. Therefore it is critical for entrepreneurs to have an understanding of venture financing from the investor’s perspective.
Venture investors must know how to identify potentially successful ventures, how to structure deals with entrepreneurs and how to generate the high returns that characterize successful venture capital investing.
- Identify new venture investment opportunities
- Project revenue cash flows for new ventures
- How to create a sales pitch that attracts high-end investors
- Raise money to support the growth of a business
- Structure a venture capital investment and portfolio
- Generate returns from venture capital
During the workshop session participants will evaluate investments in new ventures, create a forecasted financial plan and valuation for an early-stage business venture, engage in simulated investment presentations and negotiations between entrepreneurs and investors and will learn how to develop a portfolio strategy for a venture capital fund.
- Online. Computer Preparation
- No prerequisites are required for this course and a website is NOT required.
- This course will occur completely online using Zoom and Teams
- You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection
- Pre-work and course set up information will be emailed to all registered guests
- Each individual course participant must register to attend.
Individuals requiring real-time captioning/closed captions or other accommodations should contact SimpleX as soon as possible.